GridView with a linked FormView; cancel command requires two clicks RRS feed

• Question

• User-706064422 posted
    I have a GridView with a linked FormView. To add a new entry, I have a button to switch the FormView mode to insert mode. As a regular site, the cancel button correctly clears the FormView. If I have the same thing as a CSS friendly site, I have to click cancel twice to make the FormView clear. What am I doing wrong?
    Tuesday, November 7, 2006 7:36 AM

All replies

• User-534056067 posted
    Interesting.  I'm not entirely sure what you mean by a "linked FormView."  Could you post some markup and/or code that I could use here to duplicate the problem?  You need to make sure that this code stands alone (doesn't try to use your local database, etc.).  Is that possible for you to put together?
    Friday, November 10, 2006 8:59 AM
  • User-133742249 posted

You've probably overcome or worked around this issue by now but not a lot has changed two years on. I too had this issue and after a fair few hours trying to sort it out I found out that I didn't have an EmptyDataTemplate in my FormView. I added <EmptyDataTemplate></EmptyDataTemplate> inside my FormView and that fixed it for me!

PS This is my first forum post for many years - I registered on the site especially because I almost gave up hope resolving this myself and I don't want others to suffer like I did [:)]

Saturday, April 12, 2008 5:46 AM