Deploying solutions RRS feed

• Question

• Starting today, everyone on my team started having similar problems deploying solutions with SharePoint 2007 even though we all have separate development environments.  Has anyone else experienced symptoms like these?

- We deploy a solution with stsadm but it never finishes deploying; the status on /_admin/solutions.aspx in Central Admin says "Deploying" until we force it to finish with stsadm -o execsvcjobs

- We make changes in a codebehind file and deploy it but the site continues to use an older (cached?) version of the dll ... this happens even after forcing it to finish deploying

Monday, October 29, 2007 9:11 PM

Answers

• Is your servers up to date on all service packs?

This happened in the spring when the timezone changed. Because of issue with the new Daylight Savings Time. What was happening was the "immediate" job was scheduled 1 hour ahead.

I would guess if this just started happening to you this week ( when the time used to change) it might be scheduling it one hour behind? and will not kick off until you manually start it.

I have not deployed any solutions on my servers today so I am not sure if I have the same issue.

Monday, October 29, 2007 11:32 PM