FBWF and VHD RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone and happy new year,

I am facing the problem described here:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eac5f5f4-21b3-499e-8284-a9cf7c82cc67/native-boot-vhd-with-windows-embedded-7-standard?forum=quebecservicingdeployment

The explanation in 2010 was that: "This is a bug in FBWF that causes a hang when booting off a VHD. This occurs even if FBWF is disabled. The only workaround available is to exclude FBWF from the image or disable the driver (hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\fbwf\start = 4). If you face this issue please contact Microsoft at wert@microsoft.com"

I have made all the WES7 updates via WEDU, but I am still facing the problem: i am unable to boot off a VHD with FBWF in the image. When i try to boot off VHD, I only get a black screen. But if I use the workaround described above (hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\fbwf\start = 4), it boots well. The problem is that for me, it's not a good workaround as I need FBWF... I tried to write an email to wert@microsoft.com but it seems like this email doesn't exist anymore.

I would really appreciate to talk with someone at Microsoft to know:

- if this bug has been resolved

- if not, if there is another workaround to use VHD boot with an image containing FBWF.

Thanks a lot for your precious help,

Etienne

Friday, January 2, 2015 11:08 AM