Blend fails to open HTML5 project

General discussion

• Hello,

I am getting this error message after creating an HTML5 + Javascript Windows store project

An error was encountered while registering the app manifest:The type initializer for 'Microsoft.Expression.HostUtility.AppPackage.WrtUtility' threw an exception.Resolve this issue and reload the project.

I have Visual Studio 2012 Professional.

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 11:49 AM

All replies

• Issue solved after uninstalling Windows Phone SDK.
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:47 AM
  • Hi.  I am from the Blend product team and would like to investigate this issue you encountered.  In order to understand it better, can you share with me more details about your installation environment?  You mentioned that you have VS 2012 Professional installed and Windows Phone SDK.  What version of the Phone SDK do you have (or did you have before you uninstalled it)?  Did you install it prior to installing VS 2012 Pro?  Had you previously installed the Windows Phone 8.0 SDK Developer Preview?  Knowing the timeline and installation sequence of these development tools will help us to reproduce the issue you encountered so that we can address it.  It would also be very helpful if we could examine any log files from these various installations.  If you search in your %temp% folder and find logs matching the pattern dd_*.log, these are the installation logs.  If it’s not too much trouble, I’d appreciate if you could email these to me in a zip file.  Send it to ellen.fitch@microsoft.com.  Thanks.  I'm glad you are unblocked now and hopefully we can understand the root cause in case someone else runs into the same issue.

Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:07 AM