none
BizTalk AS2 Certificates Test Fail RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to test with my client generating a self signed certificate ...It has many chains root in the active directory (CA)

I send them encrypted and signed messages ....

So  i want to know can i use this certificate for testing purposes ....The client tried to install my .cer file but they say it gives them an error that

windows does not have enought information to verify the certificate...

Can I use to test using self signed certificates outside of my network .....?

Please advise ..

Thanks

Asher

Wednesday, April 7, 2010 9:15 PM

Answers

• You can use a self-signed certificate in some scenarios. Self-signed works if the client either does not verify it or can reach the CA and has a copy of the public CA certificate (and any other intermediate CAs in the chain). If your client can reach the CA you can just send a copy of the public CA certificate (and any other intermediate CA certificates in the chain) and they should be able to import all of these.

For example, GXS supports self-sined certificates but I think this is because they do not verify it. This of course impacts your security.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 9, 2010 4:07 AM