IE 8 doesn't give focus to SL plugin RRS feed

• Question

• When I start SL application via IE 8 it doesn't get focus. So I can't scroll a content until once I click on any part of plugin and it gets focus. In Firefox SL plugin gets focus automatically and I would like to know how to make it get focus automatically in IE 8 too.

Sunday, July 19, 2009 5:30 PM

Answers

•  I guess this could be because of the way IE handles the object tag. To improve security they prevented flash to get focus directly. It might be that they placed this behavior on the object tag and it works on Silverlight aswell.

You could try to write some javascript that puts focus on the object tag as the document is loaded.

HTH.

Monday, July 20, 2009 3:07 AM
  • As far as I know, there is no way to force focus to the Silverlight plugin in all browsers. Flash has the same issue and that's why for most Flash applications that require keyboard input (games, etc) they "trick" you to click on the application by having a title screen with "click to start" or something similar. 

Monday, July 20, 2009 2:53 PM

All replies

•  I guess this could be because of the way IE handles the object tag. To improve security they prevented flash to get focus directly. It might be that they placed this behavior on the object tag and it works on Silverlight aswell.

You could try to write some javascript that puts focus on the object tag as the document is loaded.

HTH.

Monday, July 20, 2009 3:07 AM
  • As far as I know, there is no way to force focus to the Silverlight plugin in all browsers. Flash has the same issue and that's why for most Flash applications that require keyboard input (games, etc) they "trick" you to click on the application by having a title screen with "click to start" or something similar. 

Monday, July 20, 2009 2:53 PM
  •  I thought that only I had got this problem because another developer said me he hadn't. As you are saying you have too, it changes the matter. Thanks.

Monday, July 20, 2009 10:24 PM