Help deciding on project frameworks & architecture RRS feed

• Question

• User1980140492 posted

Dear readers,

For my next (small) project I have the following main requirements:

1. Article management. This means the users have to see a grid of articles in which they can crud. Important here is that articles are for example linked to suppliers which in their turn alsoo need crud. So an article has a FK to a supplier. When updating an article for example the user will want a dropdown with all possible suppliers.
    2.  Bulk update: so the above requirement is "single-record-updating" ... but they should alsoo be able to select for example 10 records and then change the supplier to another one or perhaps change a certain price. Something like the data sheet of Sharepoint is interesting ... or maybe exporting a selection of articles to an Excel file ( in which they can edit ) and then importing then again. The second option can be tricky seeing that we have foreign key relations.
    3. People need to be able to login to the page.
    4. When editting articles, keep in mind that there are alsoo "image" fields in the article table. These are not text fields which hold the path, but it's an actually binary ( or image? ) field which holds the image. These images need to be deleted or replaced by a newly uploaded image.
    5. HTML input in certain description fields.
    6. When a record is changed a last modified date has to be remembered in the database. when a record is created the same has to happen.
    7. Inputting and editting has to go really fast. Meaning they want some sort of inline editting of records.

These are the main requirements. I've been experimenting with Dynamic Data pages together with a Linq to Entities data context, but I'm having major issues having the image requirement working. Alsoo the second requirement is something I totally haven't figured out yet, because I'm having issues adding custom stuff to these automatically generated pages.

I'd love to hear some input from you guys.

Thanks in advance,

Yannick

Wednesday, June 8, 2011 10:30 AM

Answers

• User-1802908944 posted

The main and important framework and architecture is Reposotory Architecture.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/architecture/linqrepository.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:08 PM

All replies

• User-1802908944 posted

The main and important framework and architecture is Reposotory Architecture.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/architecture/linqrepository.aspx

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Saturday, June 11, 2011 1:08 PM
  • User1980140492 posted

Very interesting.

Thanks for the link Naresh.

Regards,
    - Yannick

Thursday, June 23, 2011 6:04 AM