none
Sideloading hololens app fails with SplashScreen issue RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to sideload a simple hololens app created from unity and the holotoolkit.  Everything compiles fine including the VS build, and subsequent app creation.  When I try to install it onto my hololens, it fails with the error below.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Installation Failed

Failure reason: AppxManifest.xml(28,27): error 0x80070002: Cannot install or update package HaloStore_pzq3xp76mxafg because the splash screen image [SplashScreen.png] cannot be located. Verify that the package contains an image that can be used as a splash screen for the application, and that the package manifest points to the correct location in the package where this splash screen image can be found. Failure text: The system cannot find the file specified. (0x80070002)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The problem...is that when I use the VS app manifest to create icon sized and names, SplashScreen.png is not one of them.  If I manually do it in Unity before being built to VS, i can name it SplashScreen.png, but it will rename them Splashscreen_100.png, Splashscreen_200.png, etc.  So there is NEVER a file that gets created that names it the EXACT way Hololens seems to want it formatted.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

</form>
    • Edited by sberhorst Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:38 AM
    Thursday, August 23, 2018 10:36 AM

All replies