Capturing swipe direction of FlipView

Question

• Hello,

I am attempting to capture the swipe direction of the WinJS.UI.FlipView control. Specifically, I'd like to know if a user is trying to swipe at the beginning or end of the data list (i.e. swiping left-to-right at the beginning of a list or right-to-left at the end). I want to trigger a function to notify the app that the user is attempting to swipe beyond the list, unfortunately the events provided 'onpagecompleted', 'onpageselected', 'onpagevisibilitychanged', or 'ondatasourcecountchanged' nor properties on the FlipView control itself seem to provide context of where a user is attempting to go. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 2:28 AM

Answers

• This would be done using the general manipulation methods and properties. You can get a sample for this here:http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Manipulations-and-gestures-362b6b59

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 12:30 PM