• Hello!

I upgraded from VS 2015 and installed the following modules:

• C# and Visual Basic Roslyn compilers
    • Static analysis tools
    • C# and Visual Basic
    • .NET Framework 4.6.2 SDK
    • .NET Framework 4.6.2 Targeting Pack
    • Visual Studio Tools for Unity

Yet when going to File > New > New Project, the only thing I can create is an empty Visual Studio solution. It asks "Not finding what you're looking for?" and sends me back to the installer, yet I've installed everything C# related.

Can anyone tell me why I can't make a C# console application anymore? I really like VS2017 but if that was dropped I'll have to go back to VS2015.

Thank you!

• Moved by Sabah ShariqMVP Monday, December 12, 2016 12:02 PM Not related to C#
    Monday, December 12, 2016 4:32 AM

Answers

• Had to install .NET desktop environment, then the C# console showed up. So strange to call it that, but at least it works like before.
    • Marked as answer by ahn.2001 Monday, December 12, 2016 4:56 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is Visual C# forum. As your issue is related to Visual Studio I am moving your thread to Visual Studio General forum for getting quick response.

Thanks,
    Sabah Shariq

[If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster. ]

Monday, December 12, 2016 12:02 PM
  • Had to install .NET desktop environment, then the C# console showed up. So strange to call it that, but at least it works like before.
    • Marked as answer by ahn.2001 Monday, December 12, 2016 4:56 PM
    Monday, December 12, 2016 4:56 PM