none
Canon Scanner. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everone,

I want to install scanner with my image, i have created SLD for that and install driver for canon Lide 25 perfectly, but for scanning i need to install application that come with scanner and I don't know how to add application with my image. Can anyone please guide me how do I ?

Friday, January 23, 2009 11:38 AM

All replies

• Welcome to the forums Rajesh,

You are asking a question that has a rather complicated answer.  The process is one where you need to be methodical and patient, and be ready to test test test and when you've done that, test again.

That said, it can be rewarding and fruitful.  While someone may point out some steps in bullet form, they might be a little daunting for a newbie.

For Scanning you need at least the "Windows Image Acquisition Core".  You might need more as I cheated a little by stuffing the required files in my component rather than calling another component that contains the required file.

You say you made the driver component?  Have you tested it?  Typically the app is built into the driver in a way, because when you use a imaging app like "irfanview" or any other app that just calls the scanner by the TWAIN Device Driver, your app will appear and bingo your app appears.  If your scanner has a full blown app, then what I suggest is to make a build with your driver, then at the run time, install as normal your app and see if all is working as it should.  If it doesn't work, then you are missing a dependant component.

Once you have all that working, then you need to record an installation of the driver and app on a clean machine that has never seen the scanner before and make components out of the results.  Recording an installation of drivers and apps is one of the primary tasks of componentising apps and other kinds of installs.

Hope that helps.  Report your progress.

While we are here.  Can someone point out the component responsible for the control panel icon "Scanners & Cameras"  as that is handy to have to test that scanners are working.  ( I've forgotten which one it is )

Saturday, January 24, 2009 1:51 AM
  • I have done it.

As I have combined my dirver with my image and now added "Add/Remove Programs" with my image and from network I access the installation file of the same and install application from the client itself. It's working.

Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:20 AM
  • Now, let see you make it to work "Out of the Box". Ie: Works by plugging in the scanner at run time and not require user intervention.

Once you've done that, then you can mark your SLD as "Released"

Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:59 AM