WSS Custom application pages RRS feed

• Question

• User-955326108 posted

Hello,

I'm having some trouble getting my code-behind custom application pages working in Wss. If I run the pages with inline script they work ok but as soon as I want my .aspx-pages to reference a .dll, Wss serves me:

Could not load file or assembly 'CustomApplicationPages, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d4e5777b16a5749f' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)   at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad

I'm just starting out with CAP and the above is an example found on tedpattison.net and there is probably something wrong with the manifest file. Anyhow I don't expect anyone to solve this problem by posting a simple reply (although that would be truly great), but if you have some good links on how to deploy Custom Application Pages to Wss that would be really helpfull. I've done some reading http://www.andrewconnell.com/blog/articles/UsingCodeBehindFilesInSharePointSites.aspx but anything similar to that link would be usefull.

Or, do you know of some forums that are more geared towards Wss?

Cheers!

/Eskil

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 9:18 AM

All replies

• User-955326108 posted

Just to clarify....as usuall it was me being a bit silly and in a hurry. I had used down 2 versions of the dll, one in the GAC and one in the bin folder. Different versions of the dll so the reference obviously didn't match.

Just deleted all the dll's and recompiled and now it's working just fine.

Cheers!

/Eskil

Tuesday, August 5, 2008 1:51 PM