none
Constant Random Report Errors "an error occurred while generating the report" RRS feed

• Question

• We have a platform that runs thousands of bing ads reports for our clients.

We've had issues from day 1 with reports failing and then succeeding on the next try. The problem has got really bad over the last week. Here is the error we see:

an error occurred while generating the report. you will need to submit your report request again. if the request continues to fail, consider getting the tracking identifier from the response message and contacting support.

• Edited by JoeK82 Wednesday, March 27, 2019 8:34 PM clarify
    Wednesday, March 27, 2019 8:33 PM

All replies

• Happy to take a look. Will you please share details with support i.e., SOAP request, response, and timestamp for the SubmitGenerateReport and PollGenerateReport calls?

Thank you,

Eric

Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:29 PM
    Owner
  • Hi Eric. I'm using the latest version of the PHP lib you maintain. An example of a request is 30000003105036855. I can get some diagnostic info for you if the problem isn't immediately obvious. 

I'd imagine you have more than "an error occurred while generating the report.." on the backend. Probably the worst error message I've seen in my 25 years of using a few hundred apis. 

Thanks for your help. 

• Edited by JoeK82 Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:13 PM typo
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:12 PM
  • I have confirmed with the reporting team the issue was due to an internal / system error. This was caused by recent deployments, but should be resolved now. As you mentioned the error message in this case is not actionable, other than to try again later. From time to time you might still observe such errors that require a retry, but should be very infrequent. We apologize for the inconvenience. 

Best regards,

Eric

Thursday, March 28, 2019 10:28 PM
    Owner