Big problems to reinstall SQL Server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• User-1952516322 posted

Hello,

I'm really having a big problem with SQL Server 2008 r2. so I delete it to reinstall SQL, but I delete it from C/ProgramFiles/SQL not from Program Feature. now I want to delete all files of SQL from scratch to clear every thing,, how can I do this? 

now after I delete some files, I want to setup again and I have this problem

Thursday, August 25, 2016 8:08 AM

All replies

• User-2057865890 posted

Hi Khalid,

You could refer https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/955499. This helps provide a clean platform to reinstall SQL server on your system.

1. Open the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.To do this, click Start, type appwiz.cplin the Start Search box, and then click appwiz.cpl in the Programs list.
    2. Select the SQL Server component to uninstall, and then click Change/Remove. This will start the SQL Server Installation Wizard. 
      Suggested uninstall order
      • SQL Server FullText
      • Data Quality Services (DQS)
      • SQL Server (Database Engine), Replication
      • Analysis Services in SharePoint integrated mode
      • Analysis Services
      • SQL Server (Database Engine), Analysis Services
      • Reporting services
      • SQL Server Management Tools – Complete, Backwards Compatibility, SDK, Connectivity
      • SQL Server Management Tools – Basic
      • Business Intelligence Development Studio
      • Integration Services
      • Data Quality Client
      • Distributed Replay client
      • Distributed Replay controller
      • Reporting Services SharePoint Web Front-end
      • Reporting Services SharePoint
      • Books On-line
      • Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Management Tools - Complete
      • Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Management Tools - Basic
      • SQL Server Management Tools
      • SQL Server (Database Engine), Business Intelligence Development Studio, SQL Server Management Tools
      • Business Intelligence Development Studio, Integration Services
      • LocalDB
      • Others
    3. Setup Support Rules will run to verify your computer configuration. To continue, click Ok.
    4. On the Select Instance page, use the drop-down box to specify an instance of SQL Server to remove, or specify the option to remove only the SQL Server shared features and management tools. To continue, click Next.
    5. On the Select Features page, specify the features to remove from the specified instance of SQL Server. To continue, click Next.
    6. Removal Rules will run to verify that the operation can complete successfully.
    7. On the Ready to Uninstall page, review the list of components and features that will be uninstalled.
    8. The Setup Progress page will display Setup status.
    9. On the Completing Setup page, click Close to exit the Installation Wizard.
    10. Repeat steps 2-9 until all SQL Server 2008 components have been removed.

To install SQL Server, please see Step-by-Step: Installing SQL Server Management Studio 2008 Express after Visual Studio 2010.

Best Regards,

Chris

Thursday, August 25, 2016 3:38 PM
  • User-1952516322 posted

Thank you Mr.Chris I do this but sorry didn't work.

Please, if you can tell me about a way to remove and delete every thing match with SQL Server files, because now I have a problem say 'MSSQLSERVER' instance name is already exist and I need the instance name for Default name, so I need a steps to remove and clean every thing matches with SQL Server and reinstall from scratch.

Thank you agian...

Thursday, August 25, 2016 11:23 PM