none
Instant Dehydration RRS feed

• Question

• When attempting to send EDI AS2 documents to trading partners, sometimes instance is instantly dehydrated.  Not a question of overload; nothing else is happening on the server.  I send the document from my ERP, click on my already open BTS window, run the All in progrss service instance query (which is already ready to run) and the instance is already dehydrated.  Total elapsed time is less than a second.

Not very exerience w/ BTS09.  What should I be looking at?

Thursday, January 20, 2011 9:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

A dehydrated message often indicates that the send port has failed to deliver the message, and it will retry after the specified retry interval. The default is 3 retrys at 5 minute intervals.

If this is the case, check the Windows event log, you should see a warning that can provide more details on why the delivery failed.

In a development environment I often set the retry count to 0, so that the message is suspended with an error straight away.

Regards,

Alan

http://www.CloudCasts.net - Community Webcasts Powered by Azure
    • Marked as answer by Thomas E Smith Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:33 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:35 PM

All replies

• Hi,

A dehydrated message often indicates that the send port has failed to deliver the message, and it will retry after the specified retry interval. The default is 3 retrys at 5 minute intervals.

If this is the case, check the Windows event log, you should see a warning that can provide more details on why the delivery failed.

In a development environment I often set the retry count to 0, so that the message is suspended with an error straight away.

Regards,

Alan

http://www.CloudCasts.net - Community Webcasts Powered by Azure
    • Marked as answer by Thomas E Smith Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:33 PM
    Thursday, January 20, 2011 10:35 PM
  • Thanks Alan.  I did as you suggested, which led me to an answer!  And another question, above.
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 3:34 PM