Open table error numbers RRS feed

• Question

• I need to find all errors can happen when opening a free table or database table.

Some error numbers I found are (114, 1707, 1567, 1984).

Please help to find other error numbers if there are.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:29 AM

Answers

• 13 & 24. I suggest you to go through alphabetical list of all errors and view the ones related with opening a table.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:37 AM
  • Many possible errors exist if you imagine all situations when you are opening a table. Some examples are variations to corrupted DBF header and CDX, CDX not matching DBF, unsupported Code Page, network problems etc.

Why do you need such list? Simply process errors which are recoverable and you know them, like missing CDX, file access denied etc. and place all others into irrecoverable errors basket which you can handle as any other error in your app.

If you just need a list of all errors then you may generate it by ERROR command in a loop.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:59 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:39 PM

All replies

• 13 & 24. I suggest you to go through alphabetical list of all errors and view the ones related with opening a table.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:37 AM
  • Many possible errors exist if you imagine all situations when you are opening a table. Some examples are variations to corrupted DBF header and CDX, CDX not matching DBF, unsupported Code Page, network problems etc.

Why do you need such list? Simply process errors which are recoverable and you know them, like missing CDX, file access denied etc. and place all others into irrecoverable errors basket which you can handle as any other error in your app.

If you just need a list of all errors then you may generate it by ERROR command in a loop.

• Proposed as answer by Naomi N Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:48 PM
    • Marked as answer by Youen Zen Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:59 AM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:39 PM
  • Thanks all, yes I also need to identify error numbers which can be hadled.

For these error numbers (114, 1707, 1567, 1984) I have different fixes to recover. Same as I need to identify other errors also which can be recovered. Because I'm writing a table fixing program.

Friday, December 14, 2012 3:22 AM
  • "table fixing program" is not sufficient description of the task... What and when would you like to fix? Do you plan to create a program which could fix all possible errors in DBF/FPT/CDX? Or do you need to fix common errors rising during the file opening in your application?

What everything would you like to fix if the file is included in DBC?

You may open the file by FOPEN() and check the structure validity before an attempt to open it by USE command. Etc.

• Edited by Pavel Celba Friday, December 14, 2012 9:28 AM
    Friday, December 14, 2012 9:28 AM