wpf slider thumbnail preview video RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I need advice on how to create WPF video preview when hovering mission on slidebar.
    As in Figure

Image1   Image2

I was able to create only a preview time.

So when I attach source code.

SimpleMediaPlayer

Thanks so much for wheeled advice.

• Edited by ORRNY66 Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:29 PM
    Tuesday, February 23, 2016 9:00 PM

Answers

• Hi ORRNY66,

Based on your description, I think that you want to capture a frame from a video at a specific time interval. If my guess was right.

You could use some tools to capture image from video. Or you could use storyboard to do it.

More information please refer to Annabella Luo’s suggestions in the following thread about “get the Thumbnail preview from file”: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/33adf393-f6cb-4cda-923a-073a5876f4cc/get-the-thumbnail-preview-from-file?forum=wpf

By the way, I found some open source libraries about this function on internet. You could use Bing to search “C# capture frame from a video”, then you would find some useful information.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by ORRNY66 Tuesday, March 1, 2016 6:49 PM
    • Edited by Xavier Xie-MSFT Monday, March 14, 2016 2:55 AM
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:44 AM