none
'' Location is not Available. E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied.'' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

Good Day. 

My 2 (D & E)out of 3 (C, D, & E) hard drive partitions are not working. When I click them- 

'' Location is not Available. E:\ is not accessible. Access is denied.'' message box is popping. I checked the ownership in the properties of the drives and its alright; full control is available. 

Its Windows 7. ASUS 3GB RAM 120 GB disk space.

When I goto 'back up' on these 2 drives, it's showing the full drive and the files are present. 

When I start in 'Safe Mode' I'm able to access all the 3 partitions and all working well. No access denied messages at all. 

This happened exactly a week back when I did a scan with Hitman Pro for cleaning any viruses- and I remeber finally deleting few tracking cookies. I suspect this could be the cause of my problem, because eversince that restart I'm having this problem in my laptop.

Please help me out to get my access back. I'm happy to answer you any questions should you've related.

Many thanks,

Kartt.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:31 AM

Answers

• Thank you Pavel A. 

Under the forum- below title discussion helped me to sort out finally.

Solution: Went to the page Pavel A mentioned below (answers.microsoft.com) and searched 'unable to access d drive receives error location' topic in search box. I found the discussion and reply posted init.

Many thanks for saving me from lot of hassles; because, if this didn't work, I was planning to format my drive.

Kind regards

Kartt.

• Marked as answer by Kartt Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:27 PM
    • Edited by Kartt Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:45 PM
    Wednesday, July 31, 2013 1:25 PM