locked
iv'e updated the sdk manager and now I cannot connect to the xamarin android player RRS feed

  • Question

  • User136407 posted

    since iv'e updated the sdk manager I cannot connect to the xamarin android player. please help asap.

    Friday, August 21, 2015 5:35 PM

Answers

  • User142378 posted

    I am experiencing the same issue on one of my machines. I get the error "DeviceManager.exe" has stopped working.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 6:02 PM

All replies

  • User142378 posted

    I am experiencing the same issue on one of my machines. I get the error "DeviceManager.exe" has stopped working.

    • Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, August 21, 2015 6:02 PM
  • User136407 posted

    Thanks a lot! :smile: :

    Friday, August 21, 2015 8:38 PM
  • User142378 posted

    ? I'm experiencing the same issue still. Did you find a resolution?

    Friday, August 21, 2015 8:46 PM
  • User136407 posted

    yes, in the list select of emulators select 10.71.34.101 rather than the ones with the names such as 'Nexus 4 (Kit Kat)'

    Saturday, August 22, 2015 3:24 AM
  • User136407 posted

    @TimothyFagergren select the player's ip address as the device you wish to connect to in xamarin studio.

    Saturday, August 22, 2015 3:25 AM
  • User138614 posted

    Since the very last upgrade, whenever I run Xamarin Android Player alongside with Xamarin Studio it freezes my Xamarin Studio :/

    Saturday, August 22, 2015 7:37 PM
  • User142378 posted

    I found a solution. Uninstalling and re-installing alone did not work. I had to un-install, then delete all the folders under %APPDATA%, Program Data and Program Files manually. THEN reinstall.

    Once I did this the error stopped.

    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 12:26 PM
  • User138614 posted

    Can't confirm this actually, deleting app data, program data and program files did not solve anything for me.

    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:42 AM
  • User136407 posted

    downgrade to xamarin 5.94 studio

    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:18 AM
  • User136407 posted

    @JakubHolovsky ^

    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:18 AM
  • User138614 posted

    @KirkHowlett nah, not a good idea. I found a solution for this. It's because my device in XAP is named with brackets. Just rename your device from for example "Nexus 5 (Lollipop API 22)" to "N5API22" and everything works fine :)

    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 7:21 AM
  • User136407 posted

    oh okay :smile:

    Wednesday, September 9, 2015 11:20 AM
  • User114696 posted

    Thanks @JakubHolovsky that worked for me.

    Tuesday, September 15, 2015 2:26 PM