none
Why is there no longer Birds Eye Access in Hawaiʻi!?!?!? RRS feed

• Question

• Please tell me this was a mistake on your end and you can fix this. Birds eye is a favorite of many people i know here in hawaii. And even though it was flawed it was vastly superior to google maps. Now it is disabled and none of us can use it. Now we are all back with google. IDK what is wrong with microsoft lately but between this and all the updates on windows 10 being forced on users. Iʻm growing tired of the way microsoft is heading. Hopefully you guys will have some good news. Hopefully...
    Sunday, December 24, 2017 4:11 AM

Answers

• These forums are for the Bing Maps Enterprise API's and not related to the Bing Maps consumer site which I suspect you are using. Bing Maps has recently moved to a new data provider for Birdseye imagery who can provide faster and higher resolution updates. There is an initial drop in coverage but most urban areas will have new coverage released on a regular basis.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:59 PM

All replies

• These forums are for the Bing Maps Enterprise API's and not related to the Bing Maps consumer site which I suspect you are using. Bing Maps has recently moved to a new data provider for Birdseye imagery who can provide faster and higher resolution updates. There is an initial drop in coverage but most urban areas will have new coverage released on a regular basis.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Thursday, December 28, 2017 7:59 PM
  • I live in Hawaii as well and let me say this is the biggest let down this century. I used there imagery all the time for rescues and navigating tough terrain now there is no birds eye they just deleted it all now they think we need it in urban areas like downtown and such when that is useless because the buildings cover everything. plz bring back the rural areas, at least for Hawaii.

mahalo

Thursday, April 26, 2018 8:20 AM