Self Hosted IR running an SSIS Package? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I just created a Self Hosted IR ; the 4 nodes are running successfully and now when I want to switch my data factory pipeline to use this Self Hosted IR, it is not seen in the drop down (see pic). What do I need to do in order to be able to switch it. We are running in QA today and I need to test this new Self Hosted IR today.

Thanks!!
    Mike Kiser

Mike Kiser

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 4:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

Firstly, are you willing to use Self Hosted Integration Run time to execute SSIS Packages. - It is not possible.

We must use Azure SSIS Integration Runtime to execute SSIS Packages.

Ref:- 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/concepts-integration-runtime#integration-runtime-types

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 6:25 AM
  • Hi

Thanks! That explains why I am seeing what I am seeing; I was just using an SSIS Package in a pipeline to test the Self Hosted IR, but now I see that I can not. Thanks for validating that!

Now that I have created a Self Hosted IR, how do I delete it and the VNET, etc. Do I have to do it component at a time?

THanks!
    Mike

Mike

Mike Kiser

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:00 PM
  • Hi

You can follow steps from below documentation.

https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/data-factory/manage-azure-ssis-integration-runtime.md

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the posts that helps you , this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

• Marked as answer by EMKISER Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:14 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 2:05 PM
  • Thanks! That is for SSIS Integrated Runtime; I created a Self Hosted IR. Do you have any docs on how to delete the Self Hosted IR (VNet etc)?

Thank you

Mike

Mike Kiser

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:22 PM
  • Hi

There will delete option when you go to connection -> Integration Run times Pane as shown in below reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/create-self-hosted-integration-runtime#monitoring

Hope this is helpful !! 

Thank you

• Marked as answer by EMKISER Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:45 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:39 PM
  • Ok, cool...so I just hit the Delete Icon and it deletes all of the Self Hosted IR...Cool...

Thanks again!
    Mike

Mike Kiser

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 3:45 PM