none
What things to consider while migrating ASP.Net application from framework 1.1 to framework 3.5 ? RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi Friends,

I am working on a ASP.Net Intranet application.We have to migrate that from framework 1.1 to framework 3.5.

Can anybody tell me what are the things that I will have to consider at the time of migration or what could be the possible errors ?

Also plz let me know migrating the application to framework 3.5 ,will that help in increasing the performance also ?

Thanks ,waiting for the reply.

Pritam

Developer on Microsoft technology.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:16 AM

Answers

•  
    Asp.net 2.0 comes with many Asp.net team provided application services like membership and profile provider which through the Web site admin tool help you create and manage users with few lines of code.

The HTTP pipeline changed dramatically many items are added in PreInit like master pages, skins, themes, style  and navigation.  Then there is gridview, formview, details view and object and sql datasource controls.

Then there is AJAX pages and controls which improve user experience.  And Asp.net 3.5 runtime is add on to 2.0 so you just need to add the references to the new classes because IIS still points to 2.0.  If you don't know much about these features please use this link below and look for the free video tutorials.

http://quickstarts.asp.net/QuickStartv20/aspnet/

An Elliptic curve is modular ~ Taniyama and Shimura
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Monday, June 23, 2008 6:06 AM
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:15 PM