Error connecting to Informix database RRS feed

Answers

• Apologies for delayed repsonse.
    We have fixed the exceptions in RTM. However internally we couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you provide information like what version of informix server and what version of Informix oledb provider you have on the box?

Thanks,
    Deva [MSFT]

Deva
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:35 PM

All replies

• Can you share us your connection string (of course without credentials)?
    You can get this information on the connection page where you provided user name and password, click on advanced button this will provide complete details about the connection string.

Thanks,
    Deva [MSFT]

Deva
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:05 AM
  • Provider=Ifxoledbc;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=abc123;Data Source=fltops@visops_dss
    Friday, December 4, 2009 5:14 PM
  • The connection string looks pretty obvious.
    Can you try these steps, I would like to verify whether this is not related to informix provider?
    1) Create a blank text file named foo.txt
    2) save the file as foo.udl
    3) double click the udl file it will open universal data link
    4) pick the informix provider
    5) provide all the information and do test connection to see whether it works fine.

Thanks,
    Deva [MSFT]

Deva
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 1:22 AM
  • Sorry I didn't read your post with attention. It looks like connection is not a problem but you couldn't view table and views.
    Can you check whether you have access to see list of tables and views? The issue could happen if the user doesn't have rights to see list of tables and views.

Mean while, I will investigate why we are not catching the exception properly and fix it in RTM.

Thanks,
    Deva [MSFT]
    Deva
    Saturday, December 5, 2009 1:26 AM
  • I have full rights to the tables.  I can view and select from the tables using native SQL commands.  It is the the Table selection wizard that does not work.
    Monday, December 7, 2009 9:25 PM
  • Apologies for delayed repsonse.
    We have fixed the exceptions in RTM. However internally we couldn't reproduce the issue. Can you provide information like what version of informix server and what version of Informix oledb provider you have on the box?

Thanks,
    Deva [MSFT]

Deva
    Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:35 PM
  • Hello Deva, 

the problem is constantly reproducible with PostgresODBC. Are there any news on this issue? 

best regards,

Nick

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:48 PM
  • I also have the same problem with postgres ODBC.  please help

Thursday, October 4, 2012 1:45 PM
  • KMan,

Still an issue?

Thanks!

Ed Price, SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Small Basic, Wiki Ninjas, Wiki)

Answer an interesting question? Create a wiki article about it!

Sunday, October 27, 2013 7:36 AM