People Search Core Results RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to place a web part on the first page of each department that lists all of the members in the department.  I can do this manually by doing a people search and then entering "Sales" or "Marketing" and get the appropriate list back. 

How can I embed "Sales" in a page and have the same results display?

For example, when I navigate to the Sales page, I would just like the People Search Core Results to show up where the Query="Sales".

Bob

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 7:00 PM

Answers

• I got this working.

You also have to change the Cross-Web Part query ID to Query 2.

The two changes I made were:

Cross-Web Part query ID --> Query 2

Fixed Keyword Query --> JobTitle:"Sales Representative"

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:58 PM

All replies

•  

Just add the PeoplCoreResultsWebPart to your page and then set the FixedQuery property to "departmentTongue Tiedales".  Department is a managed property.
    - Mitch
    Monday, October 15, 2007 8:05 PM
  • I added JobTitle:"Sales Representative" which works in the normal search box; however, this didn't work in the People Search Core Results Web Part.  I tried various combinations with the "" which didn't make a difference.  For example: "JobTitleTongue Tiedales Representative".  The web part returns:

"Enter one or more words to search for in the search box."

I am using the web part with Fixed Keyword Query = JobTitle:"Sales Representative".  No other changes.  Is there some other property that I need to change?  It doesn't appear to be picking up the query.

Bob
    Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:54 PM
  • I got this working.

You also have to change the Cross-Web Part query ID to Query 2.

The two changes I made were:

Cross-Web Part query ID --> Query 2

Fixed Keyword Query --> JobTitle:"Sales Representative"

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 3:58 PM