Running XP_SubDirs for normal SQL users RRS feed

• Question

• I have a requirement where a normal SQL Autheticated user wants to run xp_subdirs.The user is simply a db_reader , db_writer on user database.

Could you advice how is it achievable ?

Please Vote & "Mark As Answer" if this post is helpful to you. Cheers Prakash Nandwana Bangalore , India

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 1:16 PM

Answers

• Most likely this falls under the same rules as normal security handling in SQL Server. I.e., create a user for the person in question (for the login)  in the master database and grant EXEC permissions to this xp to the user you just created.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP | web | blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:47 PM

All replies

• Most likely this falls under the same rules as normal security handling in SQL Server. I.e., create a user for the person in question (for the login)  in the master database and grant EXEC permissions to this xp to the user you just created.

Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP | web | blog

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:47 PM
  • Tibor,

Above steps will allow user to execute the script but it won't result anything.

Please Vote & "Mark As Answer" if this post is helpful to you. Cheers Prakash Nandwana Bangalore , India

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:08 PM

• Make sure that the folder contains subfolder.if so, result will be displayed

--Prashanth

Thursday, October 16, 2014 5:28 PM