CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync() - error 0x801900cc

Question

• Okay I am getting the exact same issue, my app is posted in the store. I have a button to purchase but your purchasing the whole app, not a feature. So I don't have any In-App purchases setup within the app or in the store. Everything works fine on the simulator as soon as I try to get the listing when in production for ie price etc.. to post within app it craps and I get this in my debug log, which I use mainly because the Microsoft diags take forever and suck.

11/10/2014 6:15:52 PM
     Exception: Exception from HRESULT: 0x801900CC at line 668 (CheckLicense)
     InnerException:
     StackTrace:   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter`1.GetResult()
       at tumblr_fia.MainPage.<CheckLicense>d__22.MoveNext()
     Hresult: -2145845044
    Source:mscorlib

Kyle Weir

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 1:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Kyle,

Please don't post new questions on answered threads. That's the very best way to keep your post from being noticed :)

Since the other thread was that LoadListingInformationAsync required having an in-app purchase to work, does adding an in-app purchase on the store site (even if it's not exposed by the app) fix the problem? If so, then it's the same thing and you can work around the problem by adding a dummy in-app product.

If not then we'll need information to identify what is going on. To start with:

What is your code doing when you get the error?
    What exactly are you trying to do?
    Do you have a crash dump where the error occurs?

Since this happens with CurrentApp I assume it occurs in your published app. Can you share the app link so somebody can try to reproduce it?

--Rob

Wednesday, December 3, 2014 10:33 PM
    Owner
  • The app is called "Image archiver for Tumblr"
    http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-us/app/image-archiver-for-tumblr/770b3d62-fb3e-459d-b93e-d568d3b5f557

I have a debug option built in to the App, once it's installed, go to the settings charm, then options, enable the debug option. In your pictures folder on your machine it'll create a folder called ImageArchiverforTumblr-Likes inside this folder will be a ImageArchiver4Tumblr.log file.

Once debugging is enabled it will record a bunch of the exception information, If there's something else I should be trying to include in here please let me know in any case I also get the linenumber of where I catch it which helps to narrow down issues:
         string errorpass = DateTime.Now + " Build: " + appVersion + "\r\n Exception: " +
                                   (ex.Message + " at line " + lineNumber + " (" + caller + ")\r\n InnerException:" +
                                    ex.InnerException + "\r\n StackTrace:" + ex.StackTrace + "\r\n Hresult: " + ex.HResult +"\r\nSource:" + ex.Source + "\r\nData:" + ex.Data + "\r\n");

Once inside the app on the right hand side there's a switch that has a header of Download media, and is defaulted to images, if you switch it to video and back it will run the license check and try to get the listing info as well.

I will add an in-app purchase to the store and see what happens, since that takes a few days I'll post what I'm doing. Basically when the app starts, (and if it notices a license change event, Irun update the apps configbased on the license status). So to do that, I have it getlicense information which works fine in the store shows if it's active, and/or a trial etc.. Then I get the listing information for a few reasons, one is to populate a button I have inside the app if you have it asa trial so that it shows the price in the correct format, since I had this problem I have it check if it doesn't get this info and just leave it as a "Buy Button"I have my app in about a dozen languages at the moment(using MS Translations, I really like the multilingual extension and I may add more later). In any case besides the button I also record the license receipt, and any listing information in my debugging. At the time when I did that, I was having complaints from everyone who purchased my app, because of this listing issue. Originally I was getting both my license information and then my listing information one after the other in the same try/catch. Problem was the listing part would fail thus being caught and the app would never switch to full version (with more buttons enabled etc).

try
                {
                    LicenseInformation licenseInformation = CurrentApp.LicenseInformation;

try
                    {
                        ListingInformation listing = await CurrentApp.LoadListingInformationAsync(); *****Fails on this Line*******

storelistingmarket = listing.CurrentMarket;
                        storelistingname = listing.Name;
                        storelistingprice = listing.FormattedPrice;
                    }
                    catch (Exception ex)
                    {
                        Debug.WriteLine(ex);
                        if (SettingsStore.Debug == "True")
                            ReportErrorMessage(ex);
                        storelistingmarket = "Listing Market Failed";
                        storelistingname = "Listing Name lookup Failed";
                        storelistingprice = "";
                    }
     }
                    catch (Exception ex)
                    {
                        Debug.WriteLine(ex);
                        if (SettingsStore.Debug == "True")
                            ReportErrorMessage(ex);
    }

Also when I am in visual studio and I have it compile for release (since my account does have a purchased copy), it will then use the windows store, and not the simulator. I receive the error and if there is any other info that I should get please let me know, but I do not have this issue at all in the simulator just when using the store.

Kyle Weir

Saturday, December 6, 2014 1:52 AM