none
Out of Memory crash while in VBA designing a form RRS feed

• Question

• Basic excel work book with 2 sheets a table in each with 4-5 rows of dummy data generated as I design a userform for inputting data.

Not running any code just adding controls and writing code, sometimes doing nothing coffee break etc and just crashes with VBA Out of Memory popup, the workbook closes but the project stays open in the vba editor, all windows closed, without reopening the workbook I can open the modules and ThisWorkbook but trying to open the userform triggers the out of memory popup again.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Using Office 365 Excel version 1906 on Windows 10
    Thursday, July 4, 2019 10:50 AM

All replies

• LanserTech,
    re:  userform crashes

Some recommendations ...
    1.  Don't use RefEdit controls.
    2.  Replace all Frames with a Label.
         Userform looks the same but uses less memory
    3.  Delete all  .Exd files. (do a search)
    4.  Make sure you unload forms when you are done with them.
    '---

Excel add-ins and workbooks.
    Download from MediaFire...
    http://www.mediafire.com/folder/lto3hbhyq0hcf/Documents

Friday, July 5, 2019 4:04 AM
  • Hi,

Based on your description, the issue is mianly related to using VBA in Excel. To help you better resolve the issue, I will move the thread to Excel for developers Forum. You may get more helpful replies there.

Thanks for kind understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, July 5, 2019 9:15 AM
  • Hello,

The forum is for developers, so it is expected if you paste a piece of code which causes the issue. 

Do you have any event handlers in the VBA module?

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Friday, July 5, 2019 10:24 AM