none
Develop with imported SDK RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have one problem. I have build an SDK for my platform. I have the .msi file and I install it in my pc.

Now I'd like to develop an application using this SDK but I can't choise it (in Smart Device Application) is present only:

- Pocket PC 2003 (ARM4)

- Smartphone 2003 (ARM4)

- Platform Builder

I have followed the Microsoft instruction for build and install a new SDK .. where I miss?

Thanks.

[UPDATE]

Hi,

I have seen that in the "Device" tabs is present the a new Device (the mine). But I can't make a projects for this device. What are the steps for create a new project (I have to create a dll library) for my architecture? If I select C++ library only Win32 is selectable for Platform.

Thanks. 

Friday, October 8, 2010 1:57 PM

All replies

• You didn't actually tell us what version of the development tools you're using...  Remember we aren't sitting next to you.

Generally, you select New Project | Smart Device Project | <type of project>.  When you do that, you get a list of target platforms and a list of platforms for which the project will be configured.  Typically, the IDE will target just Pocket PC-type devices, so you need to add your platform to the list (and maybe remove Pocket PC).  I think the list of target platforms is pretty self-explanatory.  Continue through the new project wizard and you end up with a device project where your device name is one of the targets.

Note that it's quite possible that you're using a version of Visual Studio that won't target the version of Windows CE that you're actually building.  For example, VS.NET 2003 and Windows CE 5 or later.  If you don't give us this sort of information, we don't know.

Paul T.

Friday, October 8, 2010 4:25 PM
  • Hi,

I have Visual Studio 2005 (sp1 + sp1 for vista) + Platform Builder for CE 6.0 (R3).

I do this: File -> New -> Project

Visual C++ -> Smart Device -> MFC Smart Device DLL.

Now I can choise from: Smartphone 2003, Pocket PC 2003 and Platformi Builder.

I don't have my SDK development (I install it and it is into the list of installed apps).

Saturday, October 9, 2010 12:12 PM
  • So, YOU built the SDK yourself, correct? (I assume so based on your original post.) Did you configure the SDK for Native Application development (in the SDK project's Properties under "Development Languages", "Native development support" is checked)? And, it sounds as if your SDK appears in Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs' list of installed programs, yes? Do you also have a folder for your SDK on your system driver, e.g. C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools\wce600\<your_sdk_name>? And, if so, your SDK does not appear in the list of Platform SDKs in Visual Studio 2005's MFC Smart Device DLL Wizard on the "Platforms" page of the wizard, nor can you select your SDK as the Target Device of an existing Visual C++ Smart Device project?

If the answers to those questions are all yes, then I would recommend you uninstall the SDK via the Control Panel, rebuild the OS project using Clean Sysgen, then rebuild the SDK, and reinstall the newly generated .msi file. Then try again to create the C++ Smart Device project.

Tom Gensel PTG Systems, LLC
    http://www.ptgsystems.com
    Sunday, October 10, 2010 11:37 PM
  • Hi,

for all of these questions the answer is YES. I try to uninstall the SDK and make a new project OS from the begining for resolve my problem.

Monday, October 11, 2010 10:23 AM