none
Trying and Failing to Uninstall Visual Studio Express 2012 for Web RRS feed

• Question

• I am not sure, but I think that I am missing an old .msi file for the product.  I would submit the log file,which would probably clarify what happened, but that is too long and there is no option to attach files to this dialog.

Henry

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Henry,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

How did you uninstall it? Please check a look at this: How to uninstall VS 2012 and have a try with forcibly removing VS 2012.

You can also try to firstly repair the VS express 2012 for web, and then remove it.

If this issue persists, I need your help to collect the installation log. Please download and run this collect.exetool, go to %temp% folder and find the vslogs.zip file, upload it to https://onedrive.live.com/and share the link in here.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, September 12, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi Henry,

Have you already successfully uninstall the VS express 2012 for web? If not, please collect and share the log file like I recommended, we will help you analysis it.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, September 17, 2019 9:04 AM