ASP.NET Calender selected not getting clear RRS feed

• Question

• User1259588416 posted

Hi Guys,

I Have one asp.nt calender , one label , one button .On selecting date from calender and then pressing button i am saving data in database.

Button and label (To display message) have been kept inside same update panel. But when i click button and after saving task calender selected date is not

cleared. Also it not get cleared when i do page refresh .But if i place calender inside update panel it will get cleared.

How i can clear the selected date of calender?

Please suggest 

Monday, September 19, 2016 7:02 PM

Answers

• User1724605321 posted

Hi kaushiklotus,

when you click the button, only controls that are inside the update panel will be updated.  The calendar control is outside the updatepanel.  So the easiest/quickest solution is to put the calendar inside the update panel as well. Another solution is to put that calendar in separate UpdatePanel and call .Update() whenever required.  Here is a demo :

http://stackoverflow.com/a/2887120 

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 2:40 AM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi kaushiklotus,

Do you place calendar control in different update panel and Button and label in one update panel ? You could try to clear  SelectedDates of calendar control like :

protected void Button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                Calendar1.SelectedDates.Clear();

}

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Tuesday, September 20, 2016 6:30 AM
  • User1259588416 posted

Hi Nan,

The above code is not working i had tried earlier.

I have not put calender in update panel while button and label is in one update panel

Friday, September 23, 2016 2:00 AM
  • User1724605321 posted

Hi kaushiklotus,

when you click the button, only controls that are inside the update panel will be updated.  The calendar control is outside the updatepanel.  So the easiest/quickest solution is to put the calendar inside the update panel as well. Another solution is to put that calendar in separate UpdatePanel and call .Update() whenever required.  Here is a demo :

http://stackoverflow.com/a/2887120 

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 23, 2016 2:40 AM