C# .Net Wrapper around a COBOL DLL RRS feed

• Question

•  Hi,

I am writing a wrapper around a COBOL DLL.

The COBOL DLL is a proprietary DLL that extracts data from a SQL Server database. The API into the DLL is known. All the calls require a customer number and other information to run. The customer is using the DLL in an ASP.Net website and has mentioned that sometime when the website gets hit hard the DLL does not always return the correct data. Not being reentrant I expect.

I don’t recall when accessing a DLL does ASP.Net load and use multiple copied of the DLL or just 1?

What do I need to do to make sure I am only calling this COBOL DLL in a manner so the user will get the correct data coming back out? No matter how many calls are made to it?

Thanks in advance!

Richard Beyea

Rbeyea<nospam>@softstufsoftware.com

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 11:36 PM

All replies

• Doesn't anyone have an opinion on this issue?

Thanks,

Rich

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 7:46 AM
  • RBeyea,

We had similar situation in one of our projects. We used unmanaged Delphi DLL in ASP.NET application.

During high loads of application it occured that p/invoke platform actually locked dll so during simultaneous invokes of few users we've got an error.

We handled this situation thru C++/CLI. We implemented C++ method within which we called LoadLibrary and RelaeaseLibrary functions.

Please, let me know if it helps.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 8:05 AM