none
could not find ildasm.exe RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I'm trying to export my functions from DLL. I'm using nuget library "Unmanaged Exports" version 1.2.7. I'm able to build my dll successfully but I don't know why I am getting an error "Visual studio Location \packages\UnmanagedExports.1.2.7\tools\RGiesecke.DllExport.targets(58,3): error : Microsoft.Build.Utilities.ToolLocationHelper could not find ildasm.exe". Anybody knows what is wrong? I even searched this EXE file in my C: drive but couldn't find it. What could be the solution for this?

[RGiesecke.DllExport.DllExport]
            public static void start()
            {
                Console.WriteLine("Hello World");
            }

Thanks,

Rajat

Thursday, April 26, 2018 3:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Rajat Kinkhabwala,

Thank you for posting here.

For your question, the ildasm.exe is installed automatically with Visual Studio. To run the tool, use the Developer Command Prompt (or the Visual Studio Command Prompt in Windows 7).

At the command prompt, type the commang in the following MSDN document.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/tools/ildasm-exe-il-disassembler

If you could not run this exe, maybe there is something wrong with the installation of your visual studio. Please repair it in control panel> Process and feature> right lick the Visual Studio>Click change.

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Sunday, April 29, 2018 12:34 PM