none
Error 1904 - Module KinectAudio10.dll failed to register RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My application works fine when I run it from Visual Studio 2012. The problem is when I try to install it on PC. I'm constantly receiving the error on the image below at the end of the installation. I checked and KinectAudio10.dll is present on that location. The application runs fine and only crashes on part where I need to play a sound. I'm playing the sound with SoundPlayer.Play(); Any ideas what could be a problem? Thank you.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:32 AM

Answers

• Did you install the Kinect for Windows runtime on the system already? Keep in mind, you cannot silent install Kinect for Windows, you need to physically run the installer for it. The installer for your application should not install any of the Kinect components.

You should have a "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v1.8\Redist" folder. This contains the installer that you redistribute with your application.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 8, 2013 11:32 PM

All replies

• How are you using SoundPlayer with the audio stream? Are you recording the stream and sending that in your own buffer or are you just passing the stream directly to SoundPlayer? Is the Kinect Audio selected as your default recording device? Are you doing anything with Speech?

Are you using Kinect for Windows runtime install on the other system, or the full Kinect for Windows SDK? Xbox or Kinect for Windows hardware? Do any of the AudioBasics samples work on this system?

Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:20 PM
  • Hello,

I have the same message error when trying to install my Kinect application with Installshield. I'm not even using the KinectAudio in my application...

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks by advance,

Valentin

Friday, November 8, 2013 12:07 PM
  • Did you install the Kinect for Windows runtime on the system already? Keep in mind, you cannot silent install Kinect for Windows, you need to physically run the installer for it. The installer for your application should not install any of the Kinect components.

You should have a "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Kinect\v1.8\Redist" folder. This contains the installer that you redistribute with your application.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Friday, November 8, 2013 11:32 PM
  • Did you managed to solve it?
    Wednesday, October 1, 2014 9:02 PM