none
Missing whole "Store" menu RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have installed MS VS 2013 Express.

I also instaled Windows 8.1 SDK, I cant see any Updates in VS, I have Update 2 already.

I cant figure out, how to develope MS Store Apps for Windows 8.1 or Windows Phone 8.1.

There are so many information on the web, but nothing adrresing this.

I have Windows 8.1 (fresh instal, not updated from 8). Im planing to buy VS 2013 Pro, but first I like to try out developing store apps, but I cant even test it, because there is no STORE menu. In new projects I dont have ANY store templates.

In Visual C# i can see only WinFORM, WPF, ConsoleApp and Class Library. There is no Store menu in here also.

Yet, in every manual on web you just post "instal VS 2013 express and BEGIN".

I did, but I cant start.

Pls help me.

P.S. Sorry for my en.

Monday, July 7, 2014 3:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I guess your VS is VS2013 Express for Windows Desktop which does not support Windows Store app development. You need to use VS2013 Express with Update 2 for Windows to work with Sore app and Windows Phone app, please see:

http://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Lukas_1 Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Hi,

Visual Studio Professional 2013 is a professional-quality integrated development environment that simplifies the tasks of creating, debugging, and deploying applications for Windows, Windows Phone, Office, the web, and the cloud. You don't need to install other verions Express for VS if you have VS2013 Pro.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:09 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I guess your VS is VS2013 Express for Windows Desktop which does not support Windows Store app development. You need to use VS2013 Express with Update 2 for Windows to work with Sore app and Windows Phone app, please see:

http://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/download-visual-studio-vs

Thanks,

• Marked as answer by Lukas_1 Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:48 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:37 AM
  • Oh, thank you :) i must downloaded VS Expres from some external/direct link, because i didnt saw this download options diferences.

Can I have yet another question now ? If i buy VS 2013 Pro I will have all-in-one or will I have to install also diferent versions from Desktop / Windows 8.1 ?

• Edited by Lukas_1 Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:58 AM
    Tuesday, July 8, 2014 7:57 AM
  • Hi,

Visual Studio Professional 2013 is a professional-quality integrated development environment that simplifies the tasks of creating, debugging, and deploying applications for Windows, Windows Phone, Office, the web, and the cloud. You don't need to install other verions Express for VS if you have VS2013 Pro.

Thanks,

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:09 AM
  • Thank you again, you brought order to my chaos :)

Have a nice and happy day ;)

Tuesday, July 8, 2014 8:50 AM