none
Repeating sectors of media file using axWindowsMediaPlayer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have a simple project to open media file then typing to document , It is very difficult that listening twice times more then pausing mediaplayer in order typing you have listen ,then start mediaplayer and listen part of media and save it to your mind and then puase ... etc

My project is to partitioning media file into sectors (some seconds determined by user) these sectors is starting playing until limit last postion + seconds determmined by as mentioned before and repeats that some times (also determined by user) ,but sometimes the specific sector may ends at medium of somewords so how to detect silence point ,,for example if my sector length is 7 seconds i should increase automaticaly into say 8 second in order to hear the last word completely having that recording noisy for example breathing sound is considered as silence or in other word the silence points that all any sound unless human

To open and play file it is works but challenges at these

- Sectoring file into custom length determined by user

- Repeating above sectors

- Considering silence point and expand sectors seconds into more until the word heared completyely

Esmat

Esmat

Thursday, August 9, 2018 8:19 AM

All replies

• I don't think you will be able to use axWindowsMediaPlayer for this.  You will have to decode the media file to some uncoded format, like PCM.  Once you have it PCM, it's not terribly hard to scan for quiet periods.  Once you know the quiet periods, I suppose you could pause and resume the playback.  Or, for more control, you could write the PCM samples to the audio system directly.

It'd be a fun project.

Tim Roberts | Driver MVP Emeritus | Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Friday, August 10, 2018 5:33 AM