none
Custom Text10 field in Global.mpt and in Templates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I created a custom Text10 field with a drop down list of 4 elements. This text field is copied in the Global.mpt and in the 6 templates of my application in MS Project 2010. But when I use one of these templates, the preselected elements are there:OK, but the drop down list is empty. I cannot select any other element in the list.

My version: Project 2010 (14.0.7176.5000) SP2 MSO (14.0.7173.5000)

Is this a known bug ? Is there a fix ? 

Thanks

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 2:39 PM

All replies

• WLID1966,

No bug so no "fix". I just tried a quick test file with a Text10 custom field lookup table. I then saved the file as type Template to my local drive desktop. I opened the template file and the pre-selected Text10 values were present and the lookup table drop down list was also available. For reference I also save the custom Text10 field to my Global file, but that isn't necessary since custom fields are saved with the file, hence the templates will also contain the custom fields.

So, what's different between your setup and mine? We both have Project 2010 fully updated.

You say you have 6 templates. What exactly does that mean? Why 6? Are the all the same or is each one slightly different?

Where did you save the templates?

Anything else that you think might be relevant?

John

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 4:18 PM