none
UE4 Intellisence Support & Native Assembly Support

Question

• 1. I noticed that a code block defined with __asm will let you write stuff in assembly. The thing is, Intellisence does not support assembly so when I am doing things in assembly, it is a pain to have to look up everything, can we have native assembly support for intellisence when you are in a __asm codeblock to make things easier?

2. I noticed that Unreal Engine runs particularly slow with intellisence in c++, can Intellisence be optimized for UE4 and have the librarys for UE4 syntax natively in Intellisence so it isnt a dreadful experience waiting for intellisence to respond when I type a single line of code?

Visual Studio is my favorite IDE for C++/C# and as these are things I use them for, I would like to see a little more support for these things :)

Monday, July 25, 2016 12:39 AM

Answers

• Hi Scotty Butgert,

Thanks for your post.

>>Visual Studio is my favorite IDE for C++/C# and as these are things I use them for, I would like to see a little more support for these things :)

Thanks for your suggestions. For these two points you listed, Visual Studio is not supported now.

There is a site for suggestions and ideas for the IDE of Visual Studio. I suggest you could send your ideas to the this site:

http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio.

The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there.

You can send your idea there so the others can vote it. If you submit this suggestion, you might post that link here which will benefit others who has the similar issue, I will vote it. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:20 AM