none
How to access the Command Status Wrapper (CSW) during USB activity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am familiar with the SCSI Pass Through Interface Tool and make use of it to read/write directly to the usb mass storage device. However I would also like access to the command status wrapper (CSW).  How can I gain access to the CSW to read values such as Signature, Tag, DataResidue? I know that status is available through sptwb.spt.ScsiStatus.

Is there a lower level driver that I need to gain access to (possibly through a filter driver)?

Thanks,
    Chris

Mememe.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 12:25 PM

All replies

• do you want access from user mode? from kernel mode? what bigger problem are you trying to solve?

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:16 PM
  • Doran,

I just like to tinker with software and I like the challenge. I would like to access it from the mode in which the SPTI code operates which I believe is a user mode program (however I am a little confused given it uses header files provided by WinDDk).  That said, I am interested in both UM and KM mechanisms to access these values (CSW: Signature, Tag, DataResidue).

Thanks,

Chris

Mememe.

Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:46 PM