Use Dynamic Data parametrically RRS feed

• Question

• User1130620715 posted

Is it possible to use Dynamic Data so that it is filtered parametrically.  For example, I have two tables, Company and CompanyNews.

Company table has pk CompanyID.  CompanyNews table has CompanyID as a foreign key.  I want to have users who are members of a company (who log in using Memberships and roles) to be able to Insert Edit or delete news for their own companies only.  So, the DynamicData displayed would be parametrized by CompanyID, but each user would see the same tables. 

Can this be done?  How? 

Thanks all for a all the great work,

Paolo 

Wednesday, November 5, 2008 3:04 PM

All replies

Thursday, November 6, 2008 3:48 AM
  • User357812854 posted

Paolo, let me take a look at the Secure Dynamic Data site example that I created and see if your requirements can be accomodated.

If you do not mind take a look at the example yourself and let me know if there is a specific area that can be changed to do what you are asking for. I have an idea, but it would be good if I can get more information from you.

Thanks

Thursday, November 6, 2008 1:54 PM
  • User1130620715 posted

Ciao Veloce,

I have already downloaded the zip package,and will have a (neophyte's) look at it today and tomorrow.  I guess that one point of view would be to be able to hide not columns, but rows parametrically. 

Paolo

Thursday, November 6, 2008 2:35 PM