Resizing "Groups" in Blend 2 RRS feed

• Question

• I inherited a project in Blend 2.

There are a couple large objects on the canvas that the customer has decided should be smaller.

The objects are made up of sub-objects and there are quite a few.

I know there's been discussion of resizing things at run time, and that wouldn't work resizing the objects inside a canvas, but I thought just possibly I could resize an object in Blend 2 and the sub-objects would resize... I'm not seeing it... if you can, how do you do it?

Thanks!

-Dave

Saturday, June 23, 2007 2:13 PM

Answers

• It doesn't work with Canvases (sp?).  It never has.  Grid's in WPF do resize the content inside them if you change the size of the container, but Canvases never have.  Not sure why.

I have found that using a RenderTransform is what you really want but that's not that obvious how to do  If you go to your canvas you can go to the Transform (in the properties window) and resize it all there with a RenderTransform, but I think what you're looking for is the design-level resizing.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:23 PM

All replies

• It doesn't work with Canvases (sp?).  It never has.  Grid's in WPF do resize the content inside them if you change the size of the container, but Canvases never have.  Not sure why.

I have found that using a RenderTransform is what you really want but that's not that obvious how to do  If you go to your canvas you can go to the Transform (in the properties window) and resize it all there with a RenderTransform, but I think what you're looking for is the design-level resizing.

Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Thanks Shawn...

Knowing I can do that with a Render Transform is something to 'stick in my pocket' for later, but you're right... in this particular case I was looking at Design Time.

We'll deal with it :)

Thanks!

-Dave

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 12:27 PM
  • I don't think Canvas' can resize it all as a group.  I'd love to blend do a better job at this, but I understand why its implemented that way.

Tuesday, June 26, 2007 5:55 PM