Certification Error: This API is not supported - LightIcons.dll RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

i have build a Windows Store Silverlight 8.1 App. Sadly i become the following Certification Error:

• This API is not supported for this application type - Api=Sleep. Module=api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.
    • This API is not supported for this application type - Api=_XcptFilter. Module=msvcrt.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.
    • This API is not supported for this application type - Api=__C_specific_handler. Module=msvcrt.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.
    • This API is not supported for this application type - Api=_amsg_exit. Module=msvcrt.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.
    • This API is not supported for this application type - Api=_initterm. Module=msvcrt.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.
    • This API is not supported for this application type - Api=free. Module=msvcrt.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.
    • This API is not supported for this application type - Api=malloc. Module=msvcrt.dll. File=LightIcons.dll.

Whats the reason for this? The LightIcons.dll is located at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows Phone\v8.1\Icons\Light" and i think part of the Windows.Phone API. So i did`t referenced it my self! 

So what can i do to fix this error?

Thanks for any help,

Greetings,

Florian 

Thursday, September 4, 2014 10:23 AM

Answers

• okay, i have solved the problem!

i added some icons from the Microsoft SDK/Windows Phone/... Folders. I removed all of this icons and now it passes the cert-tests!!!

Perhaps i accidentliy added the lighticons.dll with the .png files or added the complete folder, incl. the LightIcons.dll File! But it wasn`t viewed in Visual Studio...

• Marked as answer by x-M4nTis-x Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:14 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:14 AM

All replies

• hi,

im still need help! Nobody an idea???

Greetings,

Florian

Friday, September 19, 2014 1:11 PM
  • Hello,

The DLLs supported on the Windows Phone OS are not the same as the DLLs that the desktop OS use.

This error means that this particular file type is not permitted to access the API so you may not include it as part of your app package if you wish to support the Windows Phone OS.

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Friday, September 19, 2014 3:01 PM
  • Hi Eric,

thanks for the reply. But the problem is, that i`m not building a universal app or Win8.1. app! It`s a Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight App! I`m not referenced the "LightIcons.dll" ! 

i am only using

• .NET for Windows Phone
    • Microsoft.Practices.ServiceLocation
    • System.Windows.Interactivity
    • Windows Phone

my packages.config looks like this:

<packages>
      <package id="CommonServiceLocator" version="1.2" targetFramework="wp81" />
      <package id="MvvmLight" version="4.2.30.0" targetFramework="wp81" />
      <package id="MvvmLightLibs" version="4.3.31.1" targetFramework="wp81" />
    </packages>

any other idea?

my package.config looks like this:
    my package.config looks like this:
    Tuesday, September 23, 2014 10:08 AM
  • Are you building with debug DLL version?
    Friday, September 26, 2014 1:43 PM
  • Hi,

@yuilop: No, release mode...

in a other thread one guy said this:

"Hi,

I had exactly the same problem as you had. The Windows App Cert Kit kept complaining about not used dll's. 

Your (and our) packages.config looks good, but the problem resides in the NuGet-package folder on disk itselve! For some obscure reason Visual Studio packages all the folders/dll's that are included in this folder even when they are not added in the config-file. If you delete the not needed files/folders, the WACK will not complain anymore. Atleast in our case :D

Regards,
    Annihil8"

But i don`t know exactly which folders i have to delete....

Does someone have a clue?

Greetings,

Flo

Wednesday, October 1, 2014 12:23 PM
  • okay, i have solved the problem!

i added some icons from the Microsoft SDK/Windows Phone/... Folders. I removed all of this icons and now it passes the cert-tests!!!

Perhaps i accidentliy added the lighticons.dll with the .png files or added the complete folder, incl. the LightIcons.dll File! But it wasn`t viewed in Visual Studio...

• Marked as answer by x-M4nTis-x Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:14 AM
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 11:14 AM
  • Thanks for figuring this out and posting it!

One more thing to add.  I removed those three problematic *.dll files from my Solution Explorer and removed them from their file location and when I ran the Cert Test again, I failed again for those *.dll files.

I found out that you have to rebuild (and I went ahead and redeployed to my emulator) before you rerun the Certification Test (duh).

Thanks again!

Sunday, December 13, 2015 7:01 PM