none
ODBC Driver issue for .xlsx files in the Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb) ODBC driver. RRS feed

Answers

• Hello x_ugang,

If I understand correctly, you want know how to connect to excel file with ODBC.

Since I do not know your PC environment, I do a sample with my PC environment like below and it works fine:

public DataTable GetDataTable()

{

DataTable dt = new DataTable();

OdbcConnection objOleDbCon = null;

DataTable dtSheetName = new DataTable();

string filePath = "E:\\BMX\\Lab\\SmapleFile\\2013-08-22B\\DataSource.xlsx";

OdbcCommand objOleDbCmd = new OdbcCommand();

OdbcDataAdapter objOleDbDataAdapter = new OdbcDataAdapter();

DataTable dtExcelData = new DataTable();

string xConnStr = "";

xConnStr = "Driver={Microsoft Excel Driver (*.xls, *.xlsx, *.xlsm, *.xlsb)};DBQ=" + filePath + ";Extensions=asc,csv,tab,txt";

objOleDbCon = new OdbcConnection(xConnStr);

objOleDbCon.Open();

try

{

objOleDbCmd = new OdbcCommand("SELECT * FROM [" + "Course" + "$]", objOleDbCon);

objOleDbDataAdapter = new OdbcDataAdapter(objOleDbCmd);

objOleDbDataAdapter.Fill(dt);

}

catch (Exception ex)

{

throw ex;

}

finally { objOleDbCon.Close(); }

return dt;

}

My excel file data:

The execute result:

And my environment:

Win8 64bit, VS 2012, .Net Framework 4.5.

So could please share information regarding your environment so that we can help you better.

Or have you downloaded the Office System Driver: Data Connectivity Components.

And also we should not discuss neither the identical names of different files nor the misleading naming of a directory named something32 but contains 64-Bit-software like below:

32-Bit Excel needs 32-Bit ODBC-Adminstrator odbcad32.exe which lives in C:\Windows\SysWOW64

64-Bit Excel needs 64-Bit ODBC-Adminstrator odbcad32.exe which lives in C:\Windows\System32

If this does not work for you, please let me know.

Regards.

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, September 30, 2013 5:42 AM