none
How can I extend Outlook 2013 to present the "Empty Folder" context menu for all folders? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm working with Outlook 2013, and want to add the "Empty Folder" option to the folder context menus.  Presently the "Empty Folder" option only appears when you right click the "Deleted Items" folder.  With the context menus being configurable in other Office products, it seems odd that the context menus in Outlook are not configurable.

As background, I've lots of rules that forward automated notification emails to various folders.  Typically I'll scan some of these, but then delete their contents via Control+A and then Shift+Delete.  It would be handy to have a right-click option on any Outlook folder so that I can empty the folder contents that way.

Is there an add-on that already offers this feature?  I've coded some Outlook extensions in the past (8+ years ago) but haven't really investigated them recently.  If an add-on for this feature doesn't exist, where is a good place for me to dig into this further?  Thanks.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:20 PM

Answers

All replies