none
.NET Framework lifecycle policy RRS feed

• Question

• Question: In the topic https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17455/lifecycle-faq-net-framework, does the statement ".NET Framework 4.5.2 and later follows the lifecycle policy of the underlying Windows OS on which it is installed." refer to the Windows 10 version on which that version of .NET came *Preinstalled*?

If yes, from the .NET Framework System Requirements (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/get-started/system-requirements) this would appear to mean:

Build 15063 (Creators Update, version 1703)           == .NET Framework 4.7
    Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update, version 1709)     == .NET Framework 4.7.1
    Build 17134 (version 1803)                                        == .NET Framework 4.7.2
    Build 17763 (version 1809)                                        == .NET Framework 4.7.2
    Build 18362 (version 1903)                                        == .NET Framework 4.8

If this is the case, then the End of Service for those .NET Framework versions is (Windows Enterprise) (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13853/windows-lifecycle-fact-sheet):
    4.7    == October 8, 2019
    4.7.1 == April 14, 2020
    4.7.2 == November 10, 2020
    4.8    == December 8, 2020 (**2020 appears to be a typo in this case?**

Thanks

• Edited by mbranscomb Monday, July 15, 2019 6:46 PM
    Monday, July 15, 2019 5:52 PM

All replies

• Hi mbranscomb,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Does the statement ".NET Framework 4.5.2 and later follows the lifecycle policy of the underlying Windows OS on which it is installed." refer to the Windows 10 version on which that version of .NET came *Preinstalled*?

>>Yes, I agreed with your idea.

4.8    == December 8, 2020 (**2020 appears to be a typo in this case?**

>>No, since Windows 10 March feature updates are serviced for 18 months from release date and the Windows 10, version 1903 is released in May 21 2019 and plus 18 month, 2020 seems correct.

If I made any misunderstanding, please correct me J

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi mbranscomb,

Do you have any updates? If my reply cannot help you, please feel free to let us know, we will try our best to analysis it and solve your doubts.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:21 AM