Variadic Macros Vs Intellisense RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have identified a strange behaviour in VC++ Express Beta 2 while trying to use variadic macros. It seems like Intellisense stops working just after a variadic macro usage.

I own two workstations here: on the first one putting the cursor just after a variadic macro usage and pressing Ctrl+Space causes an "Uknown software exception", just click Ok and go on without Intellisense; but on the second one VC crashes immediately!

If someone wants to give a try, just create a new Win32 Console project, put a:

#define newmacro(...) printf(__VA_ARGS__);

before the _tmain function, and a:

newmacro("Hello world!\n")

before the return 0; line. Now put the cursor somewhere after the newmacro usage and press Ctrl+Space.

Bye, Piero.

Monday, May 23, 2005 9:23 AM

Answers

• After further investiagtion, the problem has already been fixed in our latest builds. I hope this isn't blocking you too much in the meantime.

Thanks for the report,
    Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:11 PM

All replies

• Hi Piero,

Thanks for pointing that out, as I have reproduced the problem on my copy of Beta 2. I will look into it further today and keep you posted. If you like, you can post a bug via MSDN product feedback if you prefer to follow the issue that way.

Thanks,
    Wednesday, June 22, 2005 6:57 PM
  • After further investiagtion, the problem has already been fixed in our latest builds. I hope this isn't blocking you too much in the meantime.

Thanks for the report,
    Wednesday, June 22, 2005 8:11 PM