Comparing excel files without using ADO.net RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, is it possible to have this output in excel file.

Using this inputs:

Note:

I've already converted the two excel files into a datatable, but how can I traverse the data on the Excel1 and Excel2 while adding blank columns if the data is not present on the compared excel.

Thank you very much.

Sunday, October 16, 2011 1:29 AM

Answers

• Hi zeam,

Thanks for your post.

What do you mean "how can I traverse the data on the Excel1 and Excel2 while adding blank columns if the data is not present on the compared excel"?

Based on my understanding, you want to merge Excel File1 and Excel File2 into Excel File(output). The output format is like the first image. Is it right? If so, you could first insert two blank rows into Excel File2, then copy the contents of the two Excel Files to Excel File(output).

If I misunderstood, please feel free to follow up.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Liliane Teng Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi zeam,

Thanks for your post.

What do you mean "how can I traverse the data on the Excel1 and Excel2 while adding blank columns if the data is not present on the compared excel"?

Based on my understanding, you want to merge Excel File1 and Excel File2 into Excel File(output). The output format is like the first image. Is it right? If so, you could first insert two blank rows into Excel File2, then copy the contents of the two Excel Files to Excel File(output).

If I misunderstood, please feel free to follow up.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Liliane Teng Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:14 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Hi zeam,

When you come back, if this is not what you want, please feel free to follow up. We will continue to work with you on this issue.

Have a nice day.

Best regards

Liliane Teng [MSFT]

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 8:15 AM