speed efficient VB worksheet change event code with large number of cells RRS feed

• Question

• I have a worksheet with formulas in approx 40,000 cells. The formulas result in either True or False and I need to monitor them all for a True value.

Each of the cells is non-contiguous but set out in a regular grid over approx 20,000 columns by 10 rows.

Does anyone have experience of VB coding a worksheet change event for such a large set of cells, who could pass on tips about speed efficient VB coding?

I've considered a named range or union of several named ranges, and also coding a select case for groups of columns, amongst other possibilities, but am not sure which is most efficient.

Regards, Tom

Monday, August 27, 2012 8:18 AM

All replies

• Have you though of conditional formatting which can highlight a cell if TRUE.

But if you paste the code it will be much easy for us to help.

Best Regards,
    Asadulla Javed, Kolkata
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:47 AM
    Answerer
  • Asadulla,

Thanks for replying.

As my post indicates, I'm looking for VB code - CF is no use for me in this instance.

As the post also indicates, I don't have have code (yet) - I'm in the planning stage.

Regards, Tom

Monday, August 27, 2012 9:59 AM