none
Is Mobile developement in VS2015 Community free?

Question

• Hello,

I installed vs2015 community and try to start developing android application. I just wanted to make an application with a simple RecyclerView at developer.xamarin.com. (which VS suggested while I start to create a new Android projects.)But when I build my project returns an error that when I search it in the web Its means was I must purchase Xamarin studio!

I had not used any 3th party plugin or any other thing, just followed the  above sample.

Thank you,

Saman

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 4:47 PM

Answers

• Hi Saman,

Thanks  for your post.

VS2015 Community also support to develop android  app.

But to build an app for Android or iOS, you need to install Xamarin with studio, and then create an Android or iOS project.

You could refer to the following steps:

1. In the Control Panel, Open Programs and Features, choose the Visual Studio 2015 item, and then choose the Change button
    2. In the setup wizard for Visual Studio, choose the Modify button.
    3. In the list of optional features to install, select the C#/.NET (Xamarin) checkbox, choose the Next Button, and then choose the Update button.

Then you can see the Android template:

The following document is about Xamarin in Visual Studio for your reference.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt299001.aspx#Install

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 11, 2015 5:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Saman,

Thanks  for your post.

VS2015 Community also support to develop android  app.

But to build an app for Android or iOS, you need to install Xamarin with studio, and then create an Android or iOS project.

You could refer to the following steps:

1. In the Control Panel, Open Programs and Features, choose the Visual Studio 2015 item, and then choose the Change button
    2. In the setup wizard for Visual Studio, choose the Modify button.
    3. In the list of optional features to install, select the C#/.NET (Xamarin) checkbox, choose the Next Button, and then choose the Update button.

Then you can see the Android template:

The following document is about Xamarin in Visual Studio for your reference.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt299001.aspx#Install

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 11, 2015 5:52 AM
  • Hi Saman,

Has your issue solved?

If possible, please mark the reply which is helpful as the answer, so it would be helpful for other members who get the same issue as yours to research and find the answer directly, and I could close this case.

Have a nice day.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Friday, December 18, 2015 1:32 AM