none
Join in to existing farm using workflow manage. RRS feed

• Question

• I have tried the below scenario

server-A: Workflow manager Installed and configured with default settings
    Server B: Workflow manager Installed.
    Server C: SQL Server Express Installed
     Note: I am not using sharepoint

I have ran one protocol - now all the servers are running and able to continue with protocol execution.

I shut down Server A, and tried to join to Server B to the existing farm, in between I got error. I am not able to add host to the server.

how can I resolve this.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 3:42 AM

All replies

• You need to bring server A online first and then join server B to workflow farm. After this, if you want you can take server A offline and continue to operate workflows with server B.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mohit

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 4:26 AM
  • Thanks for your information.

But I have tried this too.  If I stopped the Server A that moment it will stop the execution of protocol.

It will not permit me to continue execution with Server B. It is completely depends on Server A, even if it is joined to the farm.

Do you have any alternative for this.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 6:17 AM
  • It does not happen in our environment for some reason or we may not have noticed it. What is the error you get after protocol fails to run?

Thanks Mohit

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:18 AM
  • Case 1: Disaster Recovery

Server A: Windows server OS 2012R2 ,WF Installed and Created farm(default settings)

Server B: Windows server OS 2012R2, WF Installed

Server C: SQL Express installed.

Client Machine: Windows 7, run protocol using visual studio. Output will be in command prompt.

Process:

I want to verify disaster recovery. So it should switch and work.

I ran protocol in the client machine and output is displayed in the command prompt like

statement 1

statement 2

If I try to join the farm with Server B, it will throw error

Add host to service bus farm -failed

Error Details

stopping service bus services on "ServerA-machine name"

Can not open Service control manager on  "Server A-machine name". This operation might require other privileges.

........................................................................................................................................

Case 2: Load balancing

I need to verify load balancing.

Server A: Windows server OS 2012R2 ,WF Installed and Created farm(default settings)

Server B: Windows server OS 2012R2, WF Installed, joined to the existing farm

Server C: SQL Express installed.

Client Machine: Windows 7, run protocol using visual studio. Output will be in command prompt.

Process:

Server A and B are in same farm. What my expectation is If I shutting down Server A, It should resume with Server B.

But what happens is if I ran protocol it is working when both the servers are up.

If I stop Server B it will work as it is.

If I shutting down Server A It will stop working of running protocol

Do you have solution for above two cases? or Other methods to verify this?

Thanks

Vinitha.

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 11:55 AM
  • Any Idea how to verify Disaster recovery and load balancing in workflow manager.
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 6:37 AM
  • Wictor Wilen has written a series of articles about disaster recovery procedure for workflow. You should check it out once:

http://www.wictorwilen.se/workflow-manager-disaster-recovery-and-restore-options-series

And you can also check out this video from SP conference: http://channel9.msdn.com/Events/SharePoint-Conference/2014/SPC356

Hope this helps.

Thanks Mohit

• Edited by mohit.goyal Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:25 AM
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:23 AM
  • Thanks a lot
    Thursday, July 9, 2015 10:46 AM