none
Query regarding use of password in SAP adapter RRS feed

• Question

• We are currently using BizTalk Adapter v2.0 for mySAP Business Suite Service Pack 1 (evaluation version) for connecting to SAP. While testing connectivity yesterday we tried a few password combinations, and also found that while accepting data from SAP into BizTalk we don't require a password.

Can anyone let me know, what all password combinations/types we can use while connecting to SAP (both receiving and sending). Or, is it a bug in SAP adapter because of which the wrong password was accepted while receiving data from SAP, or is it because of something else.

-Ankush

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:02 AM

Answers

• Hi Ankush,

Yes, your observation is correct that while receiving IDOCs (over RFC connection) you many not need password. My understanding is,  it is governed by security settings in RFC Destination (SM59)  and you can receive data from SAP as long as you have RFC Destination details and logon security settings are set to default (non active) in RFC destination. 

However while sending data to SAP over RFC connection you will require user name and password. Username and password policy in these case are set by SAP basis team and you can work with them to set those.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Vijendra

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:31 AM

All replies

• You need the username/password combination with correct authorizations defined in SAP so that you can send/receive Idocs & call function/BAPI.

Normally when receiving data(idoc) from SAP, a proper RFC Connection needs to be setup, it involves registering a Program ID. During this process when you try to enable the receive location, it will shutdown if it can't connect to SAP or the username/password is incorrect.

You can ask the help of your SAP Basis Team to set this up. Check event logs for warnings or errors.

Randy Aldrich Paulo

MCTS(BizTalk 2010/2006,WCF NET4.0), MCPD | My Blog

BizTalk Message Archiving - SQL and File
    Automating/Silent Installation of BizTalk Deployment Framework using Powershell >
    Sending IDOCs using SSIS

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:12 AM
  • Hello Randy,

The RFC connection and Program ID has been created with the help of SAP guys, and the connection is working while sending out data to SAP for password where we are using only uppercase and uppercase with integers. While receiving data no password is required.

Can you provide me any information to where I could find all password combinations that I can use while sending and receiving data from the SAP system.

-Ankush

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hi Ankush,

Yes, your observation is correct that while receiving IDOCs (over RFC connection) you many not need password. My understanding is,  it is governed by security settings in RFC Destination (SM59)  and you can receive data from SAP as long as you have RFC Destination details and logon security settings are set to default (non active) in RFC destination. 

However while sending data to SAP over RFC connection you will require user name and password. Username and password policy in these case are set by SAP basis team and you can work with them to set those.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Vijendra

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:31 AM
  • Hello Vijendra,

Thanks for your reply, will check with the Basis team to get it through.

Regards,

Ankush

Tuesday, August 28, 2012 8:45 AM